866-986-2486
 

Binge Drinking Blog Goes Viral

Binge Drinking Blog Goes Viral

Sometimes it takes a first-person account of addiction to scare people straight. And this month 21-year-old college student Hanna Lottritz did just that, with a brutally honest blog that reached 400,000 readers and profiled her descent into binge drinking.

 

Outlets like The Today Show and US Magazine covered Hanna’s story, publishing her “selfie” from an ER hospital room. In it, you can see her unconscious and hooked up to ventilators and heart monitors.

 

According to her blog post after the fact, Lottritz went above and beyond with her campus partying. Just prior to her 21st birthday, Hanna consumed shot after shot of “Black Velvet Whiskey.” From there things got progressively worse, with a complete blackout and a call to the paramedics.

 

“I was in critical condition, suffering from acute respiratory failure and acute alcohol intoxication,” Hanna wrote. “My blood alcohol concentration was .41 when I arrived at the hospital, five times over the legal limit. The doctors thought I was brain dead because I was completely unresponsive.”

 

Indeed, Hanna’s binge drinking put her into a 24-hour-coma, with doctors fearing she may be brain dead. Thankfully, she made a full recovery and decided to share her story with the world.

 

“I’ve learned to respect alcohol — that it is serious,” she added. “You can’t just drink and drink and drink. It’s not a game. You can’t play games with it.”

Comments
Valley Recovery Blog